Merino Compact is a solid grade, load bearing laminate. It has inner core of celluloid fibres impregnated with thermosetting resins which are resistant to atmospheric and chemical agents. It provides superior mechanical properties to impact resistance. It can be applied on both horizontal and vertical surfaces.
Merino Compact Laminates are manufactured in various thicknesses, adequate to eliminate the use of a substrate, and are useful where flat and free standing panels are required for decorative purposes. Merino Compact is usually used for furniture, partitions, cubicles, paneling, transportation vehicles and areas with higher cleaning and hygiene requirements.
These are ideal for kitchen-tops, doors, table-tops, office, laboratory work-tops, various counter-tops such as front desks, office partition and wall panels, wall and floor decoration material, material for interior decorations and can also be used as a protective screen against damp, frost, rain, sunlight and termites.
Some of the other usages are: switch boards, railway compartments, washroom partitions, washroom lockers and strips for decorative purposes. Merino Compact Laminates are also well suited for wet area applications such as shower cubicles or swimming pool lockers but are not recommended for applications involving long term immersions.
• Resistant to water, moisture, stain, graffiti, bacteria growth, scratch, impact, fire, cigarette burns and colour change
• Provides good dimensional stability and flatness
• Provides self-supporting function
• Resistant to frost and heat
• Non-corrosive and permanent
• Easy to clean
• Physiologically safe
• Meets stringent hygiene requirements, surface edges can be disinfected
• Resistance against organic solvents
• Low electrostatic charge-up
• Easy installation, space saving and easy to process
• Low smoke emission
• Greenguard certified